Why It’s Easier Talking to Strangers Sometimes!
Did you grow up never talking to strangers?
I have a friend who told me that she prefers speaking to strangers, which made me laugh.
She is so personable and great at starting conversations with strangers.
It’s so inspiring!
Talking to strangers is great because we can make unexpected connections.
Some feel that it’s easier to connect more with strangers than with friends and spouses.
Here are 3 reasons it’s easy to speak to strangers:
- It’s easy to be honest with someone you’ll never see again.
- We expect our spouses to understand us and read our minds, not so much with a stranger.
- With a stranger we start from scratch and we start from the beginning.
In the Ted Talk “Why You Should Talk to Strangers”, Kio Stark says she’s obsessed with talking to strangers.
Listen to more below:
Here are her 4 tips!
- Find someone who is making eye contact and start with a simple smile and see what happens.
- Find something you can both comment on, like art, or someone wearing funny clothes. See if it starts a conversation.
- Notice something about the person and give a compliment. Maybe say “you have nice shoes”.
- Next time you talk to a stranger and feel comfortable, tell them something true about yourself.
Do YOU like talking to strangers and do you find it easy? Please leave a comment!
TOPIC: Why It’s Easier Talking to Strangers Sometimes!
If you are experiencing drama in your friendship and you would like coaching, click the button below.
Are you struggling through midlife, secretly suffering with resentment, anger or overwhelm? I get it, I’ve been there! One of the reasons, I experienced these emotions, is because I used to be a serious...
🍎 Maintaining a healthy lifestyle over a period of time gives us a good shot at extending life. A good quality of life depends on living with intention and practicing daily self-care. What exactly is...
Have you struggled with creating new friendships or enhancing the ones you already have? Creating new friends, and improving current friendships takes commitment! If making new new friends is important to...