I have 3 questions for you!
- Do you have a habit of grabbing foods that are unhealthy and readily available?
- Do you frequent fast food places because it’s just easier?
- Are you looking for a way to create optimal health, and don’t know where to start?
“A common problem today is eating unhealthy, disease-promoting junk foods. If you want to gain optimal health, you need to minimize your consumption of these foods” according to Healthline.com.
One way to do that is to create a successful environment in your home, by removing junk food from the pantry, cupboards, refrigerator and freezer, and replace with nutrient rich foods.
Easier Said Than Done, Right?
The best thing that you can do for yourself, especially if you want to save time is to plan, cook and assemble delicious meals and snacks In advance and eat on a schedule.
Eating on a schedule can keep you from mindless eating and/or overeating, which works if you are away from home too!
Cooking in advance boosts productivity and keeps you from having to make daily food choices so you can spend time thinking about more important things!
If you’ve never eaten optimally before, there are steps you can take to prepare yourself!
Here are Some Helpful Tips:
- Grab your favorite cookbook, or look for recipes online, and experiment with different types of foods, spices, and flavors.
- Verify that you have the right pots and pans and storage containers.
- Carve out a block of time, once or twice a week, to cook and assemble meals and snacks into containers for the rest of the week.
- Carry ready made snacks with you wherever you go, so you aren’t tempted to pull into a fast food drive thru
- Have grab and go snacks ready and waiting in the frig.
- Decide that fast food is no longer a part of your optimal health journey and eat only foods you’ve prepared.
- Educate yourself! Research about which food causes disease and chronic pain.
- Learn about nutrients and fiber and the effects on your brain and body.
- Watch health documentaries, read books, and blogs.
- Imagine yourself having energy and being pain-free.
Focus your time on creating optimal health!
You may start to notice that your clothes fit better, you have more energy, and more pain-free days!
Take care of your body, you only get one and this is your only chance!
TOPIC: Self-Care Eating Habits for Optimal Health!
If you need coaching around creating your own self-care habits, schedule a discovery call by clicking on the button below!