Thermogram Screening Does Not Replace Mammogram Screening!
Part of a good health and fitness plan involves scheduling yearly mammograms. I was listening to an Interview between Dr. Mercola and Dr. Christiane Northrup and they spoke about “Thermography or Digital Infrared Imaging (DII)“.
A Thermogram measures heat and blood flow to the breast and is different than a mammogram.
It’s advised to have a Thermogram screening before a Mammogram.
The number of recalls is a lot less and there is no radiation.
If your Thermogram happens to detect inflammation, Dr. Northrup says if you implement lifestyle changes such as diet and supplementation you can begin to see changes on the Thermogram in 3 to 6 months.
Part of the lifestyle changes include:
- Getting Enough Iodine
- Getting Your Vitamin D Levels Where They Need to Be
- Take Supplements such as CoQ10 and a Good Anti-Oxidant
- Follow a Low glycemic diet and cut way down on sugar.
Building health includes eating a nutrient rich diet and ditching the sugar.
Sugar increases insulin.
Insulin and high blood sugar change the way estrogen is metabolized.
Those with the highest estrogen levels have the highest risk for breast cancer.
Dr. Northrup also talks about the top 10 breast strategies.
- Get enough Sleep
- Meditate every day for at least 3 minutes where you can calm your mind
- Start your day with a positive thought
- Exercise, yoga, walking or even rub a tennis ball on the bottom of your foot
- Breathe Properly In through your nose and out through your mouth
- Say in the mirror once a day “I Love You, I really love you“.
- Get your vitamin D levels to optimal
- Socialize with like minded people
- Bathe in Epsom Salts – 20 minutes, 3 times per week
- Before you go to bed at night, write down 5 things you either appreciate, grateful for, or brought you pleasure
Dr. Northrup says “It’s not about living forever, it’s about living well while you are here“.
Women’s health is not just about screenings.
It’s about building health!
Thermography was also discussed on the show, The Doctors.
Thermography is approved by the FDA for breast cancer screening, but only when used with what the administration considers a primary test, like mammography.
See more in the GMA video below!
“Breast thermography is a risk assessment tool that is meant to be used in addition to mammography and other tests or procedures.
Breast thermography and mammography are complementary procedures, one test does not replace the other.” according to BreastThermography.com.
Did you have a Thermogram screening? Please leave a comment!
TOPIC: Thermogram Screening Does Not Replace Mammogram Screening!
If you are concerned about your own self-care, and would like to talk, click the button below!
Today, I want to talk about how to keep your home organized! What condition is your home in at this very moment? Disheveled perhaps? If you open a closet door, will an avalanche of clutter come tumbling down...
Do you take daily supplements? I workout daily and follow an extremely healthy diet as a happy vegetarian. I also take supplements daily at the recommendation of my Naturopath. At my yearly appointment, she...
Going on vacation can be fun, yet challenging especially if we suffer from allergies and are sensitive to toxins. Of course, our destinations are cleaned before arrival, but many times they are cleaned with...