7 Ways to Increase Longevity BEFORE Retirement!
Did you know that when life expectancy was calculated long ago, you were only supposed to live until you retired?
These days, people are living much longer after retirement.
Because people are living much longer, it’s best to take charge of your own health by exercising, eating nutritious foods, and developing a healthy wellness plan, so you can enjoy your long retirement.
How do you do that?
Don’t look at the big picture.
Start out slowly with one thing at a time and start now!
Here are a few ideas to increase longevity:
- If you drink soda, you can cut down from 4 cans a day to 3, until you can cut it out completely.
- Implement drinking water, if you don’t do that now. Just drink a glass a day, and increase consumption gradually.
- Start walking 10 minutes a day and eventually work your way up to 30 minutes per day.
- Do some weight bearing exercises. Start out with 2 pound dumbbells and work your way up to a heavier weight.
- Slowly start cutting fat and sugar out of your diet, instead of eating a piece of chocolate cake you can have a great piece of fruit. Make a really pretty nutritious, healthy, main course salad with a healthy salad dressing a couple times a week.
- If you are in debt, find a way to slowly pay off your credit card bills. Start a savings and put a little bit in each week.
- If you drink alcohol, start by drinking a little less until you can avoid it completely.
My point is, you have to start somewhere right?
Choose one little tiny goal the first week, and add something else the next week.
Do this for a year, track your progress, and you may find out that you have 52 new healthy habits.
Wouldn’t that be cool?
The key is to start slowly!
Nothing is worse than being overwhelmed.
We have enough stress in our lives already.
To live beyond retirement, you don’t want to be sickly do you?
You’d probably rather enjoy your life with your friends and family and even more you want your quality of life to be excellent, right?
I don’t know how to stress this enough, take care of your body now!
Actually, if you don’t want to take it from me, check out this inspiring video by 93 year old Charles Eugster.
Charles mentioned that obesity has doubled since 1980.
Pretty scary if you ask me.
92.2% of people over the age of 65 have chronic diseases and 40% over 60 take 5 or more meds per day.
He also mentioned that inactivity is a major cause of death.
Basically, you can rebuild your body at any age and the sooner the better.
If you’ve already made it to retirement age, congratulations!
If you haven’t concentrated on building a healthy lifestyle of wellness, start now by “getting active“.
So, what stops YOU from making healthy changes? Please leave a comment!
TOPIC: 7 Ways to Increase Longevity BEFORE Retirement!
If you are feeling stuck and would like to know more about self-care, click on the button below!
Boundaries for Home Organization!
Today, I want to talk about how to keep your home organized! What condition is your home in at this very moment? Disheveled perhaps? If you open a closet door, will an avalanche of clutter come tumbling down...
Easy and Convenient Way To Store Supplements!
Do you take daily supplements? I workout daily and follow an extremely healthy diet as a happy vegetarian. I also take supplements daily at the recommendation of my Naturopath. At my yearly appointment, she...
How to Vacation with Allergies!
Going on vacation can be fun, yet challenging especially if we suffer from allergies and are sensitive to toxins. Of course, our destinations are cleaned before arrival, but many times they are cleaned with...