How To Eat Healthy In Restaurants!
Do you find it hard to eat healthy in restaurants?
It’s easy to overeat most times, because the food is so tasty!
If you are on vacation or your job requires offsite lunch or dinner meetings in restaurants, it’s helpful to plan ahead!
Sometimes frequenting restaurants gets tricky because the food may be loaded with sodium and not so healthy.
Eating healthy in restaurants doesn’t have to be difficult, it just takes careful planning.
Here are six tips that you can try next time you go out to eat:
- Try writing down topics of conversation and focus on that! Be more involved in the conversation instead of mindlessly stuffing your face. Eat slowly and enjoy the taste of the food!
- Before you go to the restaurant, eat a small snack first! You won’t be starving and you’ll be able to make smart choices!
- Check out the menu online before you go, and decide what you want to eat. If you want to make a couple of changes, write it down on a paper and hand to your server!
- When the order arrives, immediately ask for a to-go box and put 1/2 your portion in the box and take home for lunch the next day!
- If you order salad, get dressing on the side.
- Ask your server if they will steam your veggies.
We went to Port Orchard with friends and discovered a fabulous restaurant called Blue Agave and boy was it good!
Everything was fresh and tasty!
I wanted something that was nutrient rich, so I created a taco that was delicious!
You can see it in the video below as well as a special dance at the end. LOL
Yes, you can eat healthy in restaurants!
What tips do you have for dining in restaurants? Please leave a comment!
TOPIC: How To Eat Healthy In Restaurants!
If you are concerned about your own self-care, and would like to talk, click the button below!
Do you take daily supplements? I workout daily and follow an extremely healthy diet as a happy vegetarian. I also take supplements daily at the recommendation of my Naturopath. At my yearly appointment, she...
Going on vacation can be fun, yet challenging especially if we suffer from allergies and are sensitive to toxins. Of course, our destinations are cleaned before arrival, but many times they are cleaned with...
Do you wake up day after day with a runny nose, itchy eyes, a strange headache, or shortness of breath? You could very well be experiencing allergies! There are so many different types of allergies such as:...