Ditch The Refined Sugar Now!
Eating refined sugar can affect your brain!
In addition, studies show people with a high sugar intake may be at a greater risk of developing cancer and heart disease and can also create depression, produce weight gain, zap energy, deplete B vitamins, and increase the risk of obesity and diabetes.
A diet of low-fiber, refined white foods, alcohol, and candy spikes blood sugar and can immediately impact your brain and well-being.
What exactly is Refined Sugar?
“Refined sugar comes in many disguises apart from the white granules, you’re familiar with. Everything from brown sugar, to sucrose, dextrose, fructose, right through to corn and malt syrup come into play here. Processed foods, even of the savory kind often contain refined sugar” according to Diabetics Weekly.
Some food manufacturers add sugar to foods that are generally not sweet including breakfast cereals, yogurt and spaghetti sauce.
Low-fat foods are the worst because manufacturers use sugar to add flavor“.
Foods that contain refined sugar should be avoided!! Check out the video below!
Here are some quick tips for excluding foods with refined sugar.
- Eat more vegetables and fruit.
- If you are not gluten sensitive, switch to breads and pastas made with whole wheat flour.
- Replace desserts like ice cream, with Chia Pudding, it’s tasty and good for you.
- Give up the diet soda and drink water, you can add lemons, limes, and cucumbers. It’s refreshing!
- Stop mindless eating and create a healthy eating routine.
- Decide when you want to eat meals / snacks and stick with it.
- Cook and assemble at least 4 days of healthy meals and snack portions in advance.
Here’s a video by Dr. Daniel Amen, the brain expert, about 6 things you can do to control your sugar cravings:
- Keep your blood sugar balanced by eating frequent meals throughout the day and start with breakfast. Take Chromium and Alpha Lipoic Acid as they both balance blood sugar. Stay away from simple sugars candy, or white processed foods like bread and pasta because they spike blood sugar and then it drops and you feel hungry.
- Get rid of artificial sweeteners as they are 600 times sweeter than sugar. They cause you to crave more sweet things.
- Manage stress and maybe check out a stress management program like hypnosis or bio feedback.
- Know your triggers and plan in advance before you go somewhere.
- Deal with hidden food allergies..
- Use supplements to help you deal with cravings. He recommends N-Acetylcysteine, Omega 3s and Vitamin D.
If you have a sugar addiction or need help curbing your sugar habit, please contact a local Naturopath, Nutritional Therapist or your doctor!
Do you still eat refined sugar? Please leave a comment!
TOPIC: Ditch The Refined Sugar Now!
Looking for extra motivation and want to talk? Click the button below.
I'm going to get a bit personal and share a little about my own grieving process that still to this day, hurts my heart. Back in 2012, my husband and I were about to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The day...
It feels helpless to witness someone who is suffering with Alzheimer's. !"People who have a simple, carbohydrate-based diet (bread, pasta, potatoes, rice, fruit juice and sugar) have a 400% increased risk of...
Years ago I had something wrong with my back, so I went to my doctor who told me that I needed an MRI or "Magnetic Resonance Imaging". An MRI is a "a noninvasive nuclear procedure for imaging tissues of high...