9 Reasons You May Need ANT Therapy!
In the book “Change Your Brain, Change Your Life” Dr. Amen discusses ANT therapy. No! Not the kind at picnics! ANT stands for “Automatic Negative Thinking“.
ANT Therapy is about turning your negatives into positives.
Let me explain what the ANT Species are which you’ll find in Dr. Amen’s book.
1. Always” thinking: thinking in words like always, never, no-one, every-one, every-time, everything.
2. Focusing on the negative: only seeing the bad in a situation.
3. Fortune telling: predicting the worst possible outcome to a situation.
4. Mind reading: believing that you know what another person is thinking, even though they haven’t told you.
5. Thinking with your feelings: believing negative feelings without ever questioning them.
6. Guilt beatings: thinking in words like “should, must, ought or have to.”
7. Labeling: attaching a negative label to yourself or to someone else.
8. Personalization: innocuous events are taken to have personal meaning.
9. Blame: blaming someone else for your own problems.
Check out Dr. Amen’s video full of information on brain health below:
Of course, he also goes into detail about the ANTs.
If you find you are experiencing ANT symptoms, it might be helpful for you to print this list out and keep it with you.
Dr. Amen says whenever you notice an ANT entering your mind, train yourself to recognize it and write it down.
When you write down automatic negative thoughts (ANTs) and talk back to them, you begin to take away their power and gain control over your moods.
He says you can redirect your thinking!
Take control of your own thoughts!
Kill the ANTs by feeding your emotional anteater.
Do you have any of these ANTS floating around in your head? Please leave a comment!
TOPIC: Why YOU May Need A.N.T. Therapy!
If you are concerned about your own self-care, and would like to talk, click on the button below!
I'm going to get a bit personal and share a little about my own grieving process that still to this day, hurts my heart. Back in 2012, my husband and I were about to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The day...
It feels helpless to witness someone who is suffering with Alzheimer's. !"People who have a simple, carbohydrate-based diet (bread, pasta, potatoes, rice, fruit juice and sugar) have a 400% increased risk of...
Years ago I had something wrong with my back, so I went to my doctor who told me that I needed an MRI or "Magnetic Resonance Imaging". An MRI is a "a noninvasive nuclear procedure for imaging tissues of high...