9 Reasons You May Need ANT Therapy!
In the book “Change Your Brain, Change Your Life” Dr. Amen discusses ANT therapy. No! Not the kind at picnics! ANT stands for “Automatic Negative Thinking“.
ANT Therapy is about turning your negatives into positives.
Let me explain what the ANT Species are which you’ll find in Dr. Amen’s book.
1. Always” thinking: thinking in words like always, never, no-one, every-one, every-time, everything.
2. Focusing on the negative: only seeing the bad in a situation.
3. Fortune telling: predicting the worst possible outcome to a situation.
4. Mind reading: believing that you know what another person is thinking, even though they haven’t told you.
5. Thinking with your feelings: believing negative feelings without ever questioning them.
6. Guilt beatings: thinking in words like “should, must, ought or have to.”
7. Labeling: attaching a negative label to yourself or to someone else.
8. Personalization: innocuous events are taken to have personal meaning.
9. Blame: blaming someone else for your own problems.
Check out Dr. Amen’s video full of information on brain health below:
Of course, he also goes into detail about the ANTs.
If you find you are experiencing ANT symptoms, it might be helpful for you to print this list out and keep it with you.
Dr. Amen says whenever you notice an ANT entering your mind, train yourself to recognize it and write it down.
When you write down automatic negative thoughts (ANTs) and talk back to them, you begin to take away their power and gain control over your moods.
He says you can redirect your thinking!
Take control of your own thoughts!
Kill the ANTs by feeding your emotional anteater.
Do you have any of these ANTS floating around in your head? Please leave a comment!
TOPIC: Why YOU May Need A.N.T. Therapy!
If you are concerned about your own self-care, and would like to talk, click on the button below!
Do you know the difference between "social" and "general" anxiety? The Social Anxiety Institute describes "social" anxiety as “the fear of being judged and evaluated negatively by other people, leading to...
If you ever had a love one pass away, you know how truly difficult it is to accept. When my mom passed away, I had a hard time believing that she was really gone. I wanted to rewrite the past and make her...
A good memory is useful, especially when important tasks need to get done. Do you ever think of something that you want to remember like an appointment, to take medicine or to reply to an email? You make a...